All new and returning student-athletes, please click here for information on 2016-2017 athletic training from CSM Athletic Training.
CSM is committed to providing excellent athletic training services for the welfare of its student-athletes. The following policies and procedures regarding athletic training apply:
- Every student-athlete must have a primary insurance carrier. A copy of the insurance card must be on file with the athletic trainer before the student-athlete is allowed to practice or compete.
- Medical information packets must be signed and received by the athletic trainer prior to the student-athlete receiving a physical examination and participating in any athletic activity with the team.
- Medical decisions regarding an injured athlete's activity and playing status shall be made solely by the athletic trainer and will be made on the basis of the athlete's welfare only.
- All injury referrals to the Team Physician must be scheduled through the athletic trainer.
Student-Athletes must adhere to the following athletic training room policies:
- In-season athletes have priority.
- Athletes must check in with the trainer prior to beginning treatment or using any equipment.
- No food or drink allowed in training room.
- Remove shoes prior to entering training room.
- The facility is not to be used as a lounge or place to socialize.
- Athletes may not be in the training room without a staff member present.